Thursday, February 24, 2011

LISTENER E-MAIL:

Stay-at-Home Dad

OK, I have a problem that I really need help with. I am about to marry the most amazing man. He's kind, supportive, and very nurturing -- all the qualities you could ask for.

I can't wait to marry him and start having kids right away ... There's this one thing: He wants to be a stay-at-home dad when the kids come.

I know this is terrible, and I should be more modern in my thinking, but I just can't deal with the fact that he wants to stay at home with the kids.

We both have good jobs and I'm lucky that I wouldn't have to necessarily give mine up, but I just can't fully come to terms with the fact that my future-husband wants to be, well, the mommy. I feel so awful about the way I feel, and I know I need to deal with it before we get married.

Help!
Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment